Chair: Linda Willenberg
Staff Liaison: Sherry Grindeland, Fellowship Coordinator
Dorcas Circle is about service and fellowship as we support Lutheran World Relief, Compass Housing Alliance, and other charities.
Dorcas Circle meets on the first Tuesday of every month, from 9:30 am until 12:00 noon in 302/Fellowship Hall South.
Dorcas Circle welcomes everyone to…
- Join us at our monthly meetings to assemble and sew quilts. Sewing skills are not required, and you are welcome to “drop-in” at any time. We sew quilts, school bags, and complete other projects in response to those in need.
- Cut quilting fabric into 10 1/2” squares at home and/or sew the squares together at home.
- Donate crochet thread, embroidery thread, flat sheets, cotton, or cotton blend fabrics.
- Donate supplies for Sewing Kits, which are distributed world-wide through Lutheran World Relief:
- fabric (3 yards or more per piece)
- Donate socks and warm knit hats for Compass Housing Alliance during November and December as part of a special collection drive for the winter months.
- Donate bedding and hygiene items all year long for Compass Housing Alliance. Donations can be dropped off in the Dorcas basket near the elevator in the Narthex.
Items needed are:
- adult-sized, new, white crew socks
- travel-sized soaps
- shampoo and conditioner
- toothbrushes and toothpaste
- razors and shaving cream
- feminine hygiene products
- new/never used combs
- new/never used brushes
- nail files and nail clippers
- new and gently used towels
- pillow cases
- twin sheets (flat or fitted)
Donations can be placed in the Dorcas basket near the elevator in the Narthex.