Micro Ministries is a collaboration of ELCA Lutheran pastors, including Pastor Lara, and lay people intent on creating fast and meaningful video content for anyone seeking hope and understanding about God, the world, and finding a place of belonging. We hope to bring regular content, including daily devotional videos, to those desperate for words of healing and compassion in an uncertain time.
Find Micro Ministries on:
Pastor Lara and others in our congregation suggest the following ways you can care for your spirit and faith at home…
- Worship via livestream on Sundays. Visit our Media webpage for the link. During worship, connect with another person/family during Communion (Facetime, or video/audio call) and share Communion with each other.
- Participate in online Bible Studies, Discipleship Hour Forums, Fellowship, and/or Happy Hours.
- Sign up and come to the Sanctuary for individual/household prayer.
- Pray the church directory. If the name of a particular person stands out to you, call them to find out how they’re doing.
- If you tend to sit in the same spot when you come to worship, pray for the people you know who sit around you. Or, even better, call them and talk with them.
- Call, text, email, and/or send a greeting card: Keep a record of who you contact and reach out to them regularly.
- Use Christ in Our Home, The Word in Season, or another resource for daily devotional reading. Let the church office know if you need a copy of Christ in Our Home and/or The Word in Season sent to you.
- Use another daily devotional practice. Consider subscribing to Micro Ministries on social media.
- Begin and/or maintain a text/email/chat thread with a group of people. Share Bible verses, encouraging news, and/or inspirational quotations with each other. Praise God for each day and find hope and joy together.
- If you work from home, set a timer and take regular breaks to meditate or pray for your coworkers, friends, and family throughout the day.
- Commit to checking your social media feeds and the news only once or twice per day, and for a limited amount of time. Set a timer, if necessary.
- If the weather allows, get outside for at least 15-20 minutes each day so that you get some fresh air. If you aren’t able to go outside, open a window to let some fresh air in. Also, open your curtains or blinds to let in natural light.
- If you are someone that doesn’t do well spending extended periods of time alone, call someone daily (a trusted friend or family member, Pastor Lara, the church office, whomever).
- Learn more about new resources available from the ELCA here: www.elca.org/Resources/Faith-Practices
- Contact the church or Pastor Lara with any needs you may have.
This is by no means an exhaustive list!
If there are practices you are doing that aren’t included here, please share them with Pastor Lara, email@example.com, or the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can share them with others.