Pastor Lara suggests the following ways you can care for your spirit and faith at home…
- Pray the church directory. If the name of a particular person stands out to you, call them to find out how they’re doing.
- If you tend to sit in the same spot when you come to worship, pray for the people you know who sit around you. Or, even better, call them and talk with them.
- Send a greeting card to someone.
- Use “Christ in Our Home” (or another resource) for daily devotional reading. Let the church office know if you need a copy sent to you.
- Use another daily devotional practice.
- If you work from home, set a timer and take regular breaks to meditate or pray for your coworkers, friends, and family throughout the day.
- Commit to checking your social media feeds and the news only once or twice per day, and for a limited amount of time. Set a timer, if necessary.
- If the weather allows, get outside for at least 15-20 minutes each day so that you get some fresh air. If you aren’t able to go outside, open a window to let some fresh air in. Also, open your curtains or blinds to let in natural light.
- If you are someone that doesn’t do well spending extended periods of time alone, call someone daily (a trusted friend or family member, Pastor Lara, the church office, whomever).
This is by no means an exhaustive list!
If there are practices you are doing that aren’t included here, please share them with Pastor Lara, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the church office, email@example.com, so that we can share them with others.