Chair: Sharon Gurtel
Council Liaison: Tom Getzinger
Pastor Lara Forbes
Dr. Will Simpson, Director of Music Ministries
Meetings: Bi-monthly on the third Monday, 6:30 pm
The Worship and Liturgical Arts Committee, along with the Pastor, oversees the conduct of worship services.
- Support the Director of Music Ministries and other staff musicians
- Collaboratively with the Director of Music Ministries and Pastor, act as consultation and advisory for
- a) Selection of music including hymns and liturgy settings
- b) Worship related considerations such as service times, chancel chats, announcements, etc.
- c) Coordination of worship services and musical performances
- Review for potential approval all suggestions/requests/ideas related to worship services or music therein prior to implementation
- Oversight of any changes within the sanctuary’s physical space or equipment that impacts worship
- a) maintenance and improvements to sanctuary sound system
- b) sanctuary acoustics
- c) addition of new equipment
- d) changes in configuration of space
- Assure sanctuary needs related to safety, efficiency and enhancement of worship are communicated to appropriate committees and to the Council for action.
- In consultation with the Director of Music Ministries
- a) establish guidelines for use of the music room space by outside groups
- b) approve and/or revoke music room use privileges
This committee operates in full partnership with the Altar Guild, the Acolyte Order of St John, the Assisting Minister Coordinator, the Sunday Servers Coordinator and others who serve in worship. This committee collaborates with all other committees.
Go to the Worship and Liturgical Arts page